So damned lazy
Spring break has been so, so needed. The first night, I just lay on the couch and watched 9 hours of Glee on Netflix. I rarely get a chance to just watch hours of TV. It was great. I had creme horns for dinner. This was also great.
I was so lazy. I was so tired. I was so happy not to have less than 48 hours to get a bunch of shit done AND “relax.”
I was so lazy, I was a little worried I might be…too lazy all week. I woke up really late. Later than I’d slept in a long time, but I went to sleep at three, so that was ok, really. I had an early dinner with my sister at Jazz, a local Cajun restaurant, and then hung out with some friend’s at their neighbor’s house, and drank wine.
I’ve decided I very much want a decent fire pit. Theirs was NICE.
So Saturday was also lazy, but NOT TO FEAR, Sunday was nice and productive. And I wasn’t resentful of it being worky, because I didn’t have to go to work tomorrow! This vacation stuff is magical, let me tell you.Let’s see, I…
- Went to Home Depot
- Got some flowers and gardening stuff and paint
- Painted most of an old wicker loveseat rescued from garage a soft yellow. Discovered 3 cans of spray paint is not enough. But most of it is done, and I will finish it later this week.
- It’s gonna go on the back deck or patio when we get it cleaned up
- Made composting bin, shoveled mulch into mulch bin.
- Transplanted white and pink creeping phlox.
- Started sorting through stuff in garage. I’m having a garage sale in mid-June.
- My goddamned spade broke when I was transplanting the last phlox, so I dug that hole with the broken spade and my bare hands. Woman versus nature! I was determined. I just bought that spade a month ago, dammit. Apparently, I don’t know my own strength. I need to upgrade the spade. There’s an app, right?
- Cleaned the kitchen, made the bed, cleaned the bathroom sink, swept bathroom.
It’s very exciting. Parts of my house are clean that haven’t been clean since…in a while! I shall take photos when I find and charge the camera. I’m sure you are on the EDGE OF YOUR SEATS!